At Solid Rock, we believe the counselors are the most crucial part of the camp experience. The counselors are responsible for providing oversight of the campers, from ensuring campers are kept safe to keeping campers engaged in fun and exciting activities all day long. Counselors also lead the campers in a Bible story each day and have the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with their campers throughout the week.
For that reason, we take the process of hiring and selecting counselors very seriously. We are proud to say that we have a high return rate among our staff, which also means we do not hire that many new applicants each year. However, we are always on the lookout for individuals who desire to be a part of our camp staff and pour into the lives of the campers we serve.
If you are interested in working at Solid Rock, we have several ways in which you could fit in:
Senior Counselors are responsible for leading the camp group throughout their daily activities and providing a fun and safe environment for their campers. Senior Counselors must be at least 18 years old and have prior experience at Solid Rock Day Camp.
Junior Counselors assist the Senior Counselors with the camp groups. Junior Counselors must be at least 16 years old.
Helpers assist Junior and Senior Counselors with the camp groups or perform other tasks as needed around camp. Helpers must be at least 15 years old. This is an unpaid position.
For Senior Counselors, Junior Counselors and Helpers, there are certain expectations and requirements that anyone looking to apply should meet:
- Preferably, we are looking for individuals committed to working the entire summer (we can accommodate some of those who cannot work the entire summer, although first priority will be given to those who can work the entire summer.)
- Individuals must submit an application and go through an interview process.
- Individuals should have a recommendation of a pastor or youth pastor/leader who can attest to the individual’s Christian character.
- Individuals must be a positive role model for the campers and other staff, at camp and outside of camp.
- Individuals who are hired must attend and participate in the staff training weekend and/or other training events.
If you feel that working at Solid Rock Day Camp is something that would be a good fit for you, and something you are interested in, please go the Staff and Volunteer Login page to see how to apply..